Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Getting dumped, old friends, having my mattress stolen, and more!

I've gotten so busy since I got here at college, not necessarily with course work, but with socializing, and, for a while, a girlfriend. I finally now have time (at 1am, no less) to update this!

Catching up, my ass got dumped after a whopping 8 days of dating that chick. We were seeing each other for almost a month, but she didn't want to call it dating until I properly asked her to be my girlfriend. (Which I did by singing the first few lines of the Ramones' "I Wanna Be Your Girlfriend", after watching Death Proof.) She made me pancakes and afterwards talked to me, saying that she realizes that she can't develop serious feelings for someone, and that it wasn't fair to me, etc. I was pretty pissed for a couple of days, and got over it quickly. I miss being with her a little, and I can tell it's bothering her a lot. She sometimes IM's me on Facebook to check in, and said she wanted me to go play the new Call of Duty with her at her apartment. Yeah, not happening. I don't have anything against her, I just don't have her on my mind any more, it's been around two weeks since she dumped me. That very next week I was already flirting with a girl that sits next to me in my math class who plans on running for the college's track team.

The week I got dumped was absolutely shitty. I was so stressed out from college that I had a fever for two days, and had insomnia the whole week. I then got dumped, failed a programming exam, and had to withdraw from that class. I went home that Friday for the first time since I've moved out. That night while eating a giant bag of popcorn, I broke out in an insane amount of hives, and almost had to go to the hospital.

I wasn't homesick; I've yet to feel that. I wanted to go to the Washington State XC meet and see my friends that are still in high school race, along with my coaches and some people who graduated with and before me. The night before I left, I found out that one of my oldest and closest friends, Johnny, was coming down as well. I hadn't seen Johnny since early September, when he moved to Rocky Mountain College in Montana. Naturally, we got everyone together Saturday night, played cards, cooked carne asada, and swapped stories of things that we've all missed out on. Johnny has been a friend since 1st grade, possibly kindergarten. We was my teammate for 6 years, and was on my state placing relay my senior year. We hung out a ton that summer, and I began to miss him in October, I still miss the guy. Home is incredibly tranquil and quiet compared to a college dorm, partially because the town I am from has only ~2000 people in it.

I was really quiet when I got back to college for about a week, and now I am back to normal (thankfully). Recently I've been doing all my schoolwork and playing copious amounts of videogames here with my best college friends, Steven and Lucas. A prank war has recently sprung out as well. It started with me stealing all of Lucas' toilet paper and other essentials (he has his own bathroom between his room and the one next to his). He then took my mattress and put it on the second floor in the study lounge, making it look like I was going to sleep there for the night, which would get me in trouble with the RA's. It took me about two hours to get it back, and lots of people amused saying things like, "that was your mattress??". The on duty RA, Neil, found it in the lounge and confiscated it and put it in the RA office downstairs. I've yet to get Lucas back, and the next day (two days ago), I find my bike in a tree. I "acquired" that bike about a week after I got here, but the lock I was borrowing was recently needed back, so I was lockless for about two weeks. Needless to say, I now have a lock for that bike. The day after that, yesterday, I was playing Black Ops with Steven in his room, and a different friend, Zach, unleashed a stink bomb in his room. Since then, I've showed my spread bare ass to Spencer (Zach's roommate) and Zach, and Steven has rubbed his ass/genitals all over Zach's chair. Lucas also put Vaseline on the communal toilet by our cluster of rooms, and my roommate saw some dude storming out of there, pissed as fuck. I've yet to come up with any big, good pranks, so right now I'm doing spontaneous ones, such as stealing people's deodorant. Steven now plans on taking a crap and hiding it in Zach's room.

I get to (hopefully) register for winter quarter classes tomorrow, and I want to only take 12 credits, one of them being table tennis. My roommate might also move in with someone else in a different dorm starting that quarter, which would be rad. We only decently get along, and I would like to actually have some space in my dorm room. It's at the point where we took the ladders away from our loft beds because they made it so we couldn't move around in our chairs. I would also be able to get rid of the loft bed and not risk hitting my head on the ceiling every time I crawl in bed. We have some disputes, such as him bitching whenever I listen to anything remotely -core influenced, when he has the narrowest spectrum of taste I've ever seen. He called it "emo, screamo shit where they just shout die into the microphone", he also thinks everything I listen to is that. He misses all the electronic, post-rock, alt stuff, hip-hop, and indie music, while he exclusively listens to mainstream like rap. He doesn't really seem to try to avoid being blunt when he expresses distaste for anything I do, whether it be the shoes I wear, or my music.

I am pretty sure that is all that has happened between my last post and this one, so have a picture!

and some music I've been digging, ala Billy Clyro

I have four hours of class left this week, one of them starting in about 7 hours, so I'm going to sleep immediately after finishing this. Next week I have two easy days of class, then Thanksgiving break, which I am very stoked for. Get to see all the friends who are still in Zillah (the town I'm from), eat some delicious food, and unwind.

No comments:

Post a Comment